Acacia Adventure Holidays will be taking full advantage of Twitter as part of a new online campaign. The tour operator will be adding various widgets to its page (twitter.com/Acacia Africa) to inspire travellers to tweet and re-tweet.
The various widgets will include:
· Native Noise: featuring handy phrases to get around – and opportunities for adventurers to pitch in with useful conversational chatter
· The Wonga Widget: with weekly Friday updates on discounted tours. A content sharing “thingimabob,” Acacia will also be looking to travellers to update them on any budget friendly cafes and restaurants across the continent
· Afri Fest: featuring opportunities to funk it up on the continent at remote, budget friendly festivals or quirky events
· Dig it twips: offering handy hints covering everything from female adventurers and safety to crowd free destinations and dress code
· Love Africa: experiences in Africa – tweets that will no doubt be re-tweeted
Heath Ashcroft, Marketing Director at Acacia Adventure Holidays, comments: “We’re looking for “real time” golden nuggets from our tour leaders and followers. Twitter isn’t just about our team, it’s also about the people who share our love of the continent – "our tweeps". Of course, we’ll still be keeping people fixated on Africa with regular updates on our Facebook page, but Twitter is a living and breathing version of what’s on offer for adventurers. We’ve even created “twips” – handy tips to ensure our adventurers get more out of their stay on the continent.”
As part of the move to provide a better insight into the tour operator’s itineraries, Acacia will also be featuring real time "tweet trips". A “Twitter Voluntour” will be released in July, while the 43-day Kenya to Cape Town “overland Twitter tour,” will be coming live and direct from Dan, “Our Man In Africa” (twitter.com/AcaciaAfrica) in August. You can also check out Dan’s blog and his Acacia itinerary at: www.dansadventure.co.uk.
Madagascar will be another firm favourite with budget minded travellers, the destination recently grabbing the headlines due to the visa waiver. Acacia will be organising a “Tweet-up” on Friday 21 August. An opportunity to learn more about the destination, Twitter fans will be able to run questions past the Acacia team on the main destination highlights. The “Tweet-up” will run from 10 am to 12 pm (BTS).
The tour operator will also be featuring a five hour "Big Five Flash Sale" on Friday 14 August with pre and live Twitter commentary on the day of the sale from Acacia's alter ego “Andy, the great outdoorsman from the Veldt".